Monday, March 23, 2009

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom


Intrigued by the title? Interested in a quick and fun read? Do you like the idea of a compelling book set in Disneyworld? Am I asking too many questions?

Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom is a fantastic little science fiction story that takes place in the 22nd century mostly throughout Walt Disney World and the Magic Kingdom. Now if you hear "science fiction" and get the urge to start running away like I mentioned the plague, you would be making a huge mistake. I would never consider myself to be a fan of the genre, and yet I genuinely loved this story. Its also refreshing to read a book that incorporates Disney in a unique way that isn't a children's book. Plus, no exaggeration, it took me about two nights to read it from first to last page and I was hooked the entire time.


Best of all, you can download the book for free here! No strings attached, right from the authors website. No time for books? or just can't read? (I hope its not the latter!) You can also download a free audiobook version here.


So if you have a decent imagination and a love for the parks, which is why you're reading this blog in the first place, then download this book pronto and let me know what you think!


a random note/tip before delving into this book is to read up on the wikipedia entry that explains what an adhocracy is. I had heard the word before, but it was helpful looking up the definition since its a term that is frequently used in the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment