Thursday, March 19, 2009

Waste Please

When I'm at the parks, I always find myself rushing to the next attraction, armed with my fast passes. Maps!? No way, I know all of the shortcuts and the quickest routes. I'm sure many park enthusiasts like myself find themselves in this hyper productive mood, and with good reason of course. But unfortunately a result of this is that we miss all of the small beautiful details imagineers have added around the parks to add to the experience. Trash cans are one of those details, so lets take a look at some and see how many you can identify where they are located and in which park. Highlight the area below the picture to reveal the answer! Some may have their location incorporated into the design, so if you miss those . . . well then we may have some problems I think. . .



Epcot - World Showcase



Hollywood Studios - Tower of Terror



Magic Kingdom/Disneyland - Tomorrowland



Epcot - The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends



California Adventure/Epcot - Soarin' over California


extra points if you can tell me WHO this famous trash can is:

Disneyland/Magic Kingdom - Push the Trash Can in Tomorrowland


hint - this one is from one of the WDW resorts!

Polynesian Resort



Disneyland/Magic Kingdom - Main Street USA



Magic Kingdom - Liberty Square



Disneyland - The Haunted Mansion


of course you can tell which land, but which park? (its overseas!)

Hong Kong Disneyland - Main Street USA



Animal Kingdom - Africa



Disneyland/Magic Kingdom - Frontierland



Disneyland/Magic Kingdom - Fantasyland



Animal Kingdom - Dinoland



Magic Kingdom - Liberty Square



Animal Kingdom - Camp Minnie-Mickey



Hollywood Studios - Backlot



Animal Kingdom - Asia



The Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort



Disneyland/Magic Kingdom - Adventureland



California Adventure - Paradise Pier



So, how did you do? Any favorites? Some were pretty tricky! There are a lot of these little details throughout the parks that are worth taking the time to stop and notice. Now if you'll excuse me . . . I have fast passes to Indy, then I'm hitting Jungle Cruise, stopping for a Dole Whip, and avoiding the long lines at Pirates during the parade!


3 comments:

James T. Nethery said...

Haha, I work in Custodial at MK and, yes, Disney's trash cans are quite creative. Too bad I work in the land with the most boring ones (Tomorrowland).

Anonymous said...

Hey James,

Thats great that your working at MK! Are you there full-time or as a part of the college program? haha your're right, and isn't it odd since Tomorrowland is supposed to be futuristic? Have you had any interesting experiences with PUSH the trash can?

techs said...

hp deskjet 2652 driver
hp deskjet 2652 driver

Post a Comment